Wednesday, September 9, 2009

3 weeks post-op and ....

I HAVE A NORMAL JAW OPENING!!!!! 42 mm .... up 16 mm from two weeks ago. What do you know, the stretching worked! I still have to stretch (3x a day, down from 4x) ... and, unfortunately, my diet options have not expanded tremendously: "I'd say light chewing ... but nothing like a piece of white bread or anything." *sigh* So, same stuff as always ... thin, soft fish was an option, so I am hoping that means I can do sushi sans seaweed? Not sure. All I know is that I have a definite milkshake gut, lol.

I DID successfully consume about 5 SMALL cubes of melon before my jaw started to hurt (that's basically the rule: if it hurts, stop)

I am so surprised at how weak my entire body has become -- no one prepared me for that. I'll get back slowly ... lots of work to do!

I see the MD again in 4 weeks, which will put us at 7 weeks post-op. I'll post some really cool pictures later.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment