Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hello All --

I know I've been a little inconsistent with my blogging ... mostly because I find it hard to formulate my thoughts into words (and I am not in the mood to do another video at the moment, but thanks for all the positive feedback on that!)

I had a really great weekend. A very good friend of mine from college came up and we went to the beach, which was really, really gorgeous ... I did more driving than I had done since before the accident, so I was EXHAUSTED beyond belief. But it was worth it to get out. AND my headache held off until after she left this afternoon *phew*

It was nice being with such a good friend. It's easy to forget how much that cheers you up.

Otherwise, it's more of the same. I have my 3-week post-op on Tuesday. I hope to get moved to the soft food diet as opposed to liquid, but I am not sure. My jaw has gotten very painful to stretch. AND I had the great fortune of Ruth, my very powerful rottweiler, pulling me head-first into the dirt because she was so excited to get in the care!!! I hit my head and nose HARD (and snapped my neck back), but that goodness it was dirt. This is getting a little insane!

I keep talking about how the rehab process is hard, and I wanted to explain more of that. Aside from the time commitment, I find myself wondering if I am ever going to accomplish my end-all goal, or has this put me out entirely? The arthritic condition in my neck makes me feel VERY old because people keep telling me what I can and cannot do. The woman that is my pain-management doc's assistant (different from my GP) told me that I would "never be able to do anything high intensity ever again," which is an awful thing to say. She was talking about how she couldn't imagine being in my shoes and not being able to go home and hug her son and toss him up into the air every day. Great. Bitch.

But it is SO hard to work through. My body is really de-conditioned, and trying to get it back is hard. I went to the gym and got my heart rate into the 160's within 3 minutes! Oops. But I lasted for 20 minutes at that pace. I prefer outdoor biking.

I think yoga is going to be best. I have never been very limber, but now I am MUCH less so. I figure that will help with some of the pain.

Anyway, that's all my boring news. I have some pictures I will post soon.

xox ymc

No comments:

Post a Comment