Friday, August 21, 2009

Days 1, 2, and 3 (aka: it's Friday already?)


I have lots of fun pictures, lol. I promised to make this blog as honest and truthful as possible. This is not a pretty process.

I got to take my bandages off on Tuesday morning, but I was much more comfortable with them ON believe it or not! The provided some cushioning, but what was underneath was not so bad ....
They worked far more extensively on the left side of my face (where I was injured) than on the right, but there was still plenty of inflammation to handle on the right (the resident just didn't clean off my face after -- nice). The bruising on the left is still quite extensive.

I am on a liquid diet. And my pain killer diet has been interesting. Luckily the pain in my jaw has eased ... but I was taking Percocet (craaaazy stuff -- works for pain, but I don't like the psych effects) ... then Ultracet gave me a headache ... so I have not been happy. Worst of all, my GP who promised to manage my pain is TOTALLY MIA and has no one to cover for him ... I think there may be someone I can call tomorrow and get some pain relief for my back, which is really stressed out (and they are all connected, as we know).

This has surprised a lot of people: my surgeon has had me stretching my jaw 6x a day from day 1. 10 minutes heat, 10 minutes stretching, 10 minutes ice.

And this evening, I was finally able to eek out my first smile ... 

Love to all ... more updates soon. It's a long, slow process ... and I am just totally exhausted. Plus, I am trying to figure out how to go out anywhere while I am stretching my jaw 6x a day for 30 min. at a pop?

Let's just focus on more sleep .... lol

2 comments:

  1. Feel better soon, Yona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, man -- now we can def do coffee!! No excuses!! LOL

    ReplyDelete