Sunday, August 2, 2009

Openings ... SERIOUS openings


I am completely in awe (awe-struck! ha -- sorry). I wasn't sure if I wanted to blog about this because I am superstitious ... but ... the pictures tell the tale. At some point yesterday (8/1), I opened my mouth ... and it just kept opening. No stopping and 2 fingers. Now, I've had this before, where I can open large briefly (a few hours) and then it goes back to nothing ... but I have been able to maintain an even larger opening for 24 hrs. now. I am seeing my MD tomorrow, as per our weekly meetings, but I need the surgeon to see this as well.

I have no idea what this means for surgery/no surgery (and my guess is, no one will make a call on that just yet) ... tons of thoughts running around in my head, which is why it is good that I am not my own doctor. There is still pain. But it's opening. 

I suppose I am being cautious because I know how awful this has been, and I have to tell you, it is a pain in the butt going around breaking your OWN heart by believing things that people tell you that end up not to be true.

The above pictures are hideous of me (and yes, I do own other sweatshirts, this just happens to be the same time of night) ...

I'm hopefully seeing my teacher on Tuesday so I can get a feel for this ....

.... and, if all is right and well by some miracle (please knock on wood for me as you read) ... well, let's just say that my crisis of faith will be having a crisis of it's own.



No comments:

Post a Comment