Monday, August 17, 2009

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I Love 'ya, tomorrow!

Well, I wouldn't say love. More like "you scare me, tomorrow" ... I always hated that song anyway.

so YES! Tomorrow is the big day! I had my nerves under control until the hospital called with a time :-/  Seemed a lot more real then. I have to be there at 11:45, surgery at 1:45, and if THAT all goes as scheduled (unlikely, I am told), I will be ready to go home around 9pm.

It's so scary to have to put your trust in other people's competence so completely. I like to be in control (that shouldn't shock any of you).

Believe it or not, my insurance JUST (as in 8pm) approved this surgery!!!! We knew it would, but they sure took their sweet time! In total, this surgery alone (including medications, anesthesiologists, etc. would total between $14-15,000).

Below are the latest pictures of yours truly. I keep trying to smile in them so I look less weird but it's kind of hard to look normal when you are contorting your jaw! This explains the measurements I discussed in my last post.

The photos are a direct mirror of me. In the second picture, my jaw moves further to the right; it is the left joint that had the direct impact, therefore it is harder to move it to the left (2mm, minimum is 5mm)


Nothing profound to say: my brain is kind of numb. I just want to thank my parents first and foremost, for all of their help thus far. A big thank you to my wonderful voice teacher ... and my wonderful friends. I am a lucky girl.

Lastly .... Joyce DiDonato singing "Una voce poco fa" (from The Barber of Seville, the opera that she fell in). 

And a 10 second clip from The Simpsons with Dr. Nick Riviera (the neighborhood quack)

AND "You'll Never Walk Alone" performed by Renee Fleming at Obama's inauguration
 


2 comments: